Our mission is to create an environment where the youth and teens in our community can learn, train, and grow as cheer and tumbling athletes and dancers. We will strive to provide an environment that is filled with positive encouragment, safe instruction, and overall fun experiences for athletes and parents. At Valley, we care about every individual that walks through our door. We are eager to share our love of the sport with girls and boys of all ages. This is our Train For Life commitment to you!
Our instructors are highly trained, certified, and motivated to help your child achieve their goals. Whether you are looking for a recreational class or want to be part of a competitive team – Valley Cheer and Dance is the place for you!
All of our instructors are safety certified.
We screen all of our instructors prior to their placement on staff.
Each one offers private lessons in tumbling, cheer, and dance.
Please call or email for more info.
La Tonya: Dance Instructor
LaTonya Watts has performed in many theatrical and motion picture events. Her television and motion picture work include: Nash Bridges, Made in America, Nine Months, City of Angels, Ed T.V., The Rock. She has trained at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco & Julliard in New York. La Tonya has also danced with some of the finest choreographers such as Lester Wilson, Vincent Patterson, Jamie King, Russel Clark, Stephen Semien, Mia Michaels, and Dorianne Sanchez.
Her Choreography works include:
- Marin Shakespeare Co.: Taming of the Shrew, Romeo & Juliet
- African-American Shakespeare Co.:Oedipus, Cinderella, Romeo & Juliet, MacBeth
- Oakland Pulic Theatre: Blackballin'
- Willows Theatre Group: Dreamgirls, The Wiz
- Skyline Performing Arts: Runaways
LaTonya has been in many theatrical productions as well. They include: Dreamgirls, Once on this Island, Grease, and The Wiz. She has expanded her horizons to directing and has directed Cinderella, West Side Story and Hairspray and she most recently earned a nomination for a Shellie, a Bay Area Theater award, for Best Choreographer for her work on Chicago.
LaTonya heads up our Hip Hop teams and teaches recreational Hip Hop, Jazz and Boys Break Dance here at Valley for all ages.
Jenna- All Star Cheer Coach
Employed with Valley since October 2010
• Oversees aspects of Valley’s All Star Cheer program
• G3 Coach
• Universal Cheer Association Staff Member since 2006
• AACCA (American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators) Safety Certified
• USASF (United States All Star Federation) Certified Safety Judge
• Team Member-Sacramento State University Co-ed Cheer Team 2007-2010
• Coached various youth, high school and all star cheerleading teams since 2000
• Bachelors Degree – Childhood Development, Sacramento State University, 2010
Nicholas- Tumbling and Cheer Coach
Employed with Valley since April 2013
• Over ten years experience teaching all levels (1 – 5) of tumbling to youth, teens, and adults.
Most notably as Director Cheerleading and Tumbling at Woodward West
• Coached Levels 1 – 5 All Star Cheer Teams since 2007
• Coached HS Level Cheer since 2007
• Member, Sacramento State University Co-Ed Cheerleading Team
• AACCA Safety certified
• NFHS Levels 1-5 certified
• Competed on College Open 6 team, attended Worlds
• Coached 2008 AIA State Tournament Champions (Cheer, Pom, Group Stunt)
• 2003 College Open Coed National Champion
• Universal Cheer Association (UCA) Staff Member (5 years)
• JAMZ Staff member (2 years)
• Four years Military Service – US Army
• All Star Cheer Judge
• Bachelor of Science Degree – Biological Science, Sacramento State University 2003
Jessica- All Star Cheer Coach
Jessica is the N. California and N. Nevada State Director for the Universal Cheerleaders Association (UCA). She has been a UCA instructor for 7 years and rewarded Best Head Instructor in 2010. She attended Sacramento State University where she received her degree in Organizational Communications and Human Resource of Business Management. She was a member of the nationally ranked Small Coed team and was captain of the All Girl team for 2 years at Sac State. She has vast knowledge and experience in coaching high school and all star teams across Northern California She is AACCA certified and CPR/AED certified. Jessica teaches tumbling and is an All Star Cheer Coach at Valley!
Kristine - Tumbling Instructor
Kristine has an extensive competitive gymnastics background. She teaches Levels 1-3 tumbling at Valley. She is also a member of the Cal Berkeley Cheerleading Team where is a flyer and tumbler. Kristine also coaches our Mini All Starlets team. She is a senior studying Integrative Biology at Cal.
Donny- Tumbling Instructor, Cheer Coach
Donny teaches tumbling and coaches teams. He has over 15 years experience in tumbling and cheer instruction working on USA and JAMZ staff in upper level management roles. He also has coached youth and high school cheer teams. He is safety certified and a "green light" USASF member.
Alana - All Star Cheer Coach
Alana is a former high school cheer team member as well as a level 6 All Star cheer athlete. She has been training cheer athletes since 2010 when she was a UCA Instructor. Alana coaches two Valley All star teams. She is a new mom to her son, Hunter.
Brittany - Front Office
Brittany is the face of Valley welcoming new and returner guests to the facility. She provides excellent customer service to parents and students. Her role is vital to the business and she exhibits it everyday. She was a cheerleader at Monte Vista all four years, has prior customer service experience, and is a student at DVC.